French fries are one of the most-loved foods of people. Aside from its easier to eat, there is a great satisfaction that it can give to your palate. There is no doubt, why almost all food chains and restaurants are considering this kind of food to be part of their menu. But there are some people, especially those who are health conscious never attempted to make some french fries as part of their favorite snacks. This is because of the danger it can contribute to human health due to the way it is being prepared. Oil, salt, and other artificial flavorings are utilized to improve its taste can undeniably cause danger to one’s health.
If that is the case, how can french fries lovers rid themselves of the possibility of obtaining health problems brought by eating such kind of food? Since the manner of cooking is the primary cause of its danger, why not change it on the way it is prepared. Can that be possible? Of course yes! How? Well, all you have to do is to bake potatoes in your oven instead of deep-frying them with oil. You are probably curious as to how to bake french fries.
Such a process of preparing french fries may be new to you, but do not worry because this article will help you in baking french fries. Keep scrolling down.
How to Make French fries in Oven
Before, it will allow you to follow 2 cooking sessions in order to cook perfectly crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside kind of fries. With the aid of the oven, instead of engaging in 2 quick fries being deep potted in oil, this step will be eliminated together with the mess it may bring in preparing for your french fries.
Potatoes will be in a brief stint in the microwave by following an extra hot session of your oven. Tossing potatoes with the use of cornstarch while preheating the oven with a little bit of oil is simply the secret to obtaining limp, dense fries that you will surely love to eat. When you learn how to bake french fries, you will surely change your way of eating and preparing french fries. This technique is very easy that will give you surprisingly amazing and delicious french fries.
How to Make Baked French fries
- The first thing you need to do is preheat the oven to 230 degrees C or 450 F while moving the oven rack to the lowest position.
- Cut the potatoes in ½ inches thick fries.
- Microwave for about 3 to 5 minutes. You need to wrap the potatoes in a plastic wrapper. Do not panic if it expands because it is just normal.
- You need to carefully live the plastic from the opposite side away from you; this is a steam scalding. You may drain the fries with the aid of paper towels or cooling.
- If it is already cool enough for you to handle it, it’s time to blot the fries for drying.
To have the best baked french fries, consider the following:
- You will need to coat the rimmed baking sheet with five tbsp. of oil. You may then place it in your oven until it is smoking already. It will take 5 to 7 minutes just like the perfect pop-overs to prepare for this process.
- As the oil is being heated up, you may whisk together the remaining tbsp. of oil together with salt and cornstarch.
- It is just time for you to add the potatoes to the bowl while gently tossing it to coat.
- It’s time to carefully arrange the prepared potatoes on a preheated baking sheet. You can bake it now until it is golden brown. It might take you about 25 to 35 minutes.
- Halfway thru the baking time, you may flip the fries to obtain evenly golden brown french fries to both sides.
After these steps, it is time to transfer your french fries in the paper towels to let them blot dry. You can have these baked french fries together with your tasteful favorite condiments.
How Long to Bake French fries
It will only take you about 30 to 35 minutes to order to bake french fries. Unlike the traditional way of cooking it, you do not need to consider the 2-way processes in preparing for your french fries. Also, you do not need to experience the popping of oil that might damage your skin. It is just a matter of putting the potatoes in an oven and just waiting for the time until it is fully baked. Even if it only entails a shorter period of time in terms of baking potatoes for french fries, it does not mean that its taste will be compromised.
At first, you may possibly think that it is hard to understand the possibility of an idea with regards to how to bake french fries. But for sure, after you read the steps, you will immediately try baking one for yourself together with your family and friends to let them experience the magic of making french fries thru baking it. This will surely excite them to taste baked french fries that they never had before. they will definitely look forward to trying such a process too while enjoying the new level of taste it will give to their palate.
Do not hesitate to try something new especially when it comes to how to bake french fries. It is just a matter of becoming innovative and open to new ideas. Considering this manner of preparing french fries will not only satisfy your palate but will also provide great health to your body. even if you are a health-conscious individual, you can still consider french fries as your health-friendly snacks because thru baking, excessive oil will not be possible to penetrate in potatoes.
So, start baking french fries and allow your loved ones to experience its great benefit.